Last updated: 10/04/2018
Type of Information We Collect
While using our Services, we may collect certain information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address(es), telephone numbers, mailing addresses.
- Information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, approximate location in the world, certain anonymized behavior data, and other statistics.
- Information that you directly provide to us, for example, if you send us an email, apply for a job, add your name to our mailing list, participate in our contests, or follow us on social media. This data may include, for example, your name, email address, job title, public social media usernames, and any other data you provide, which may be personally identifiable either on its own or in combination with other data.
- Information Collected from Other Sources. Some of our Services are delivered or served by third-party companies. For example, you may choose to interact with the communication tool Slack Technologies Limited (“Slack”) while using our Services to request or submit information regarding purchases and transactions. We also gather end user data (e.g. transaction data and financial accounts) from financial institutions through Plaid Technologies (“Plaid”).
- Information Collected by Third Parties. We may obtain non-Personal Information from various data aggregation companies and other third party companies. Data sets may include information about you or your demographic segment that such companies have licensed, purchased or collected. These companies may place cookies or other technology to track certain aggregate data about users.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, and develop new products and services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, and process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations,
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, or otherwise communicate with you about the Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Authenticate your identity, when necessary pursuant to legal and regulatory requirements;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Teampay and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Teampay and others;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we collect about you; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With our financial services partners, including the issuing bank and its program manager;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Teampay or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Teampay and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Third Party Services
Advertising and Analytics Services
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Teampay is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Account information can be updated or corrected within your online account or by contacting your account administrator. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Teampay by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
EU Residents (GDPR) Teampay implements technical and organizational measures with respect to processing personal information from European Union individuals for purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Upon request, we will provide you with information as to what personal data we store in relation to you. Should your personal data be incorrect, you may request to have it rectified. We may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may also revoke your consent to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in part, or request deletion of your personal data. Please feel free to direct such requests, or other questions and comments regarding our GDPR compliance to email@example.com.
COPPA Compliance. Our Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13 and we do not employ advertising targeted towards children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from or about children under the age of 13. If you believe that your child has submitted Personal Information through our Services and you would like to request that such information be deleted, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, in accordance with law, when a visitor files a complaint online and indicates an age under 13, no personally identifying information will be collected in conjunction with that submission. You can learn more about COPPA at the United States Federal Trade Commission Website: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy
California Privacy Rights. Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may opt-out of a company’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for its direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, you may choose to opt-out of our sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request to us by emailing email@example.com. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.